Alright, people, huddle up. April Fool's Day is just around the corner and this year I'm determined to be the "fooler" for once. I may be a Virgo, but I'm vowing here and now to set aside my intolerance for silliness and take advantage of this once-a-year opportunity to make someone (ahem - husband) feel like a complete idiot for one brief shining moment. Mean-spirited? Possibly. But, from the moment we met, the man has been constantly looking for ways to embarrass, confuse, ridicule or otherwise horrify me in front of large groups of people. It's my turn!
How about you? Are you planning to get up to some dirty tricks this April 1st? Any fantastic ideas or are you drawing a blank? To get us both started, I'm listing a few of the great classic pranks of all time.
- RIGGED SPRAYER - Put a rubber band around the button on your sink's spray nozzle. Create a situation that requires your victim to wash his/her hands and watch the hilarity ensue.
- FUNNEL FUN - Put a funnel in your pants waistband and drop a quarter from your forehead into the funnel. Bill this activity as particularly difficult and challenge your victim to try it for him/herself. Once the funnel is in place and the victim has leaned his/her head back to balance the quarter, grab a full glass of water and pour it quickly into the funnel. Run!
- SALTY SURPRISE - Fill your sugar bowl with salt. Make some coffee. 'Nuff said.
- BUG IN A BURGER - Pick up some rubber "roaches" at a toy store. Surprise your family with take-out. I get the giggles just thinking about it...
- EARLY BIRD - Wait til everyone's asleep and set the clocks forward a couple of hours. Wake your husband and/or kids at the time their alarm clocks would normally go off with a shake and a panicky-sounding, "Get up! You're late!"
- TIGHTY WHITIES - Buy the same type of underwear your victim normally wears in a much smaller size. Wash several times to create a well-worn look. Replace the underwear in your victim's drawer with the smaller size. Try desperately to suppress your laughter as he/she victim tries to get dressed.
I don't know about you, but I'm inspired. Watch out, my one true love, I'm comin' for ya. You won't know when and you won't know where, but rest assured - you'll be fooled. Mmmmmmmmmwah ha ha ha!