Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Artisan Feature - able mabel

This week's featured artisan is Leann of able mabel. I've been a big fan since I began selling on Etsy. Leann's shop is filled with wonderfully creative, highly functional items for home and baby.

Tell me a little about yourself and what you do?
I am a stay at home mom who uses able mabel as a means of escape from the "real world". I love the "out" that creating gives me. It makes everyday life more managable.

What 3 words best describe your work?
Fresh, Fun, Functional


What inspires you?
This question is always one of the easiest to answer. My inspiration comes from everywhere! A piece of fabric or paper, nature, color schemes seen in stores, magazines, et.

What drives you to create what you do?
I suppose it would be the need to use a different part of my brain. The creative side.


What makes your work unique?
I try to find fun, interesting pattern to use in my work and make most of it one of a kinds.

What role does your work play in your life? What role would you like it to play?

My work is my "me" time. I sneak it in whenever I can. I think it's perfect just the way it is.


How do you see your work and/or your business evolving in the next five years?

I'd be perfectly content if it stayed about the same. Granted, I'd love to sell more, but who wouldn't? :)

Where can we find you on the web?
Etsy: http://ablemabel.etsy.com
Artfire: http://ablemabel.artfire.com
Blog: http://mabelisable.blogspot.com

Are you an artist or craftsperson? Would you like to be featured here? I would love to hear from you. Leave a comment here with a link to your shop, and I'll be in touch about future opportunities.

No comments: