Monday, June 8, 2009

Featured Artisan -- Roseworks Jewelry


This week's featured artisan is Ruthie of Roseworks Jewelry. Ruthie makes cool beaded jewelry with an earthy, eclectic feel.

Tell me a little bit about you and what you do.
I'm an eccentric artisan who loves to try her hand at just about anything! It shows in my shop too - I'm always experimenting with new forms of jewelry! I also love to read, write, and do anything that involves people :)


What 3 words best describe your work?
eccentric, bead-weaving, bright

What inspires you?
Other artisans, books, magazines, and things in every day life.

What drives you to create what you do?
One big drive is that I am disabled. Because of this I have long periods of time where I am very limited in what I am capable of doing. Creating jewelry is something I can do sitting still and when I'm not feeling well. It gives me a way to stay connected to the world and to feel productive! I also just love seeing the finished products.


What makes your work unique?
When you look in my shop you'll find a wide-range of styles and price-points. This means that there's something for everyone!

What role does your work play in your life? What role would you like it to play?
My work is my therapy and my solace. I'd love to have it start paying the bills at some point too.


How do you see your work and/or your business evolving in the next five years?
I forsee a lot of growth as a bead weaver, and hopefully in some other crafty areas as well. Hopefully I will have grown my business to the point where it helps pay some of the household bills.

Where can we find you on the web?
My Main Etsy Shop: www.roseworksjewelry.etsy.com
My Artfire Studio: www.roseworksjewelry.artfire.com
My Second Etsy Shop: www.kstreasures.etsy.com
My Blog: www.roseworksjewelry.blogspot.com


Are you an artist or craftsperson? Would you like to be featured here? I would love to hear from you. Leave a comment here with a link to your shop, and I'll be in touch about future opportunities.

6 comments:

The Beading Gem said...

Love the warm rosy colors she uses - just like her jewelry name, Roseworks!

roseworksjewelry said...

Thank you so much for such a great feature!

TiLT said...

great write up :)
Love her stuff...have some here at home :)

Memories for Life said...

A wonderful interview on a wonderful gal :) Ruthie makes such great jewelry!

I would love for you to take a look at my shop and contact me about an interview :)
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5556196

LazyTcrochet said...

I love Ruthie's work! I have a pretty blue bracelet that I bought for my daughter.

Splendid Little Stars said...

What a great feature on a wonderful artist and online friend!