Monday, July 27, 2009

Artisan Feature -- EdUB Graphic Art and Design


This week's featured artisan is Erin of EdUB Graphic Art and Design. A super talented graphic artist, Erin offers logos, business cards, banners, blog layouts and more in her Etsy shop. Some of her favorite logos are featured here.

Tell me a little bit about you and what you do.
My name is Erin and I'm currently moving from place to place with my husband's construction job. It was hard for me to find work in this new place because not only was the economy horrible, but I was five months pregnant (and despite what the law says, people don't want to hire a pregnant woman!) Enter, Etsy! I started designing logos for people in alchemy and then opened shop in March. I've had such a blast with it! I do custom logos, blogs, etsy shop make-overs, photo editing, print design, invitations, etc. I'm always open to custom requests!!!

What 3 phrases best describe your work?
Unique, lovely, girlie :)

What inspires you?
COLORS! I love mixing different colors, especially blues and greens (thus why my logo is blue and green!)

What drives you to create what you do?
I just love art and I love being able to create while making some extra cash on the side...even better :)

What makes your work unique?
I think I have a totally different style from a lot of designers...partially because I haven't had formal training. My ideas come from me and the more I practice, the more creative I can get.


What role does your work play in your life? What role would you like it to play?
Work is important to me, but my family is my first priority. Any extra time my husband has at home, I spend it with him...other things will be put on hold. After baby...more things will probably be put on hold :) However, I believe in balance in all things and I will definitely keep working to keep my sanity!!

How do you see your work and/or your business evolving in the next five years?
I really hope to see a greater clientele...I LOVE working with repeating clients because I know their style and it's so easy to work with someone you feel you know! I have met some really great people on etsy and I hope to continue to do so.

Where can we find you on the web?
My Store: www.edub.etsy.com
My Blog: www.edubgraphicdesign.blogspot.com

Are you an artist or craftsperson? Would you like to be featured here? I would love to hear from you. Leave a comment here with a link to your shop, and I'll be in touch about future opportunities.

4 comments:

Erin @ Strawberry Mommycakes said...

Thanks for the feature! I blogged about it so hopefully you got some new viewers out of it :)

graphic design said...

this a great job! amazing! sharing your creative ideas inspires me a lot.. thank you and please continue to share more..

Maureen Grace said...

cool!

website design said...

Balance the graphics and text on a page. It's easy to get carried away with lots of images and animations, but they can make a page very hard to read. When you're considering your layout, remember that images are a major part of the design, not just afterthoughts.