Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Altered Notebooks Rock

Those of you more crafty than myself probably don't wander around Etsy thinking, "How in the world do they DO that??" But I'm a relative newbie to this handmade life, and I'm forever finding paper projects that intrigue me, but that I just can't quite figure out. Altered notebooks have always been a bit of an obsession for me - I've got designs swimming around in my head (great gifts for girlfriends, you know), but haven't had the slightest idea how to approach the project.

That's why I was so excited to find this tutorial on the EtsyGreetings blog yesterday. Captured Time Books gives up the goods in a clear, concise, step-by-step that even I, the formerly craft-impaired and currently craft-limited, can follow.


Now that I finally have the info I need to create an altered book of my own, I've decided to share with you some of the Etsy faves that have so inspired me to try it out for myself. If you prefer to have someone else do your crafting, these altered notebooks are sure to please.

Bingo journal by suchandsort:


Retro games journal by TraceyAnns:


Mixed media blank book by juicychristians:



Inspired? Now go get your craft on! Or break out your credit card. Whatever. I won't tell.

No comments: