Thursday, July 31, 2008

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh....

Miss me? The past week has been filled with love, family, relaxation and inspiration. We left Thursday morning for LA, arrived to a crisp breeze and sunshine, drove to Santa Barbara for my beautiful sister's wedding and checked into our amazing cabin at El Capitan Canyon. I'd love to say I took lots of great pictures to share with you, but, for once, I decided to experience the weekend rather than trying to capture the whole thing to experience later. Here's just a quick look at the weekend's events (with just a few pics taken by more diligent photographers than I). I apologize in advance for the ridiculous number of parentheticals that are sure to follow - chalk it up to a lack of coffee...

Thursday night - BBQ hosted by the groom's (wonderful) family

Friday morning - Watching my daughter experience the ocean for the first time, squooshing my toes in the sand (yeah, that's my tattoo)


Friday evening - Rehearsal dinner at the campground

Saturday - Wedding run-through at the incredible venue (seriously, pictures do not do it justice)


Saturday afternoon - Hair and makeup at the Bacara Resort and Spa (sheer, unadulterated decadence)


Saturday evening - Wedding and reception (here's my daughter with the adorable ring-bearers)


Sunday - Back to LA for some family time

Monday - More fun at the beach and back home

You know how sometimes you just need a break from the ordinary to start seeing things in a new way? I realized on the plane home that I'd been in a bit of a design rut and was both surprised and delighted to find my head positively bursting with new ideas and concepts for future projects. I won't lie and tell you that re-entry into our "normal" schedule hasn't been a bit of a b*tch (pardon my French), but I'm managing to catch up slowly but surely, and without that awful overwhelmed feeling that so often accompanies the end of a break from routine. For the moment at least, I find myself content, relaxed, focused and inspired. Not a bad place to be.

6 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Content, relaxed, focused and inspired....excellent reasons for vacationing!

Carry Grace said...

I'm glad you had a great trip.

kim* said...

love that lil beach scenery, where one could get married under.

Sandra Evertson said...

Oh,my so Beautiful!
Love the name of your blog!
Sandra

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos and I'm glad you had a wonderful time!!

BuyingEDDrugsOnline said...

Thank you for taking the time to explain this.Thanks for your attention on the matter.