Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Etsy Finds in Action - My Photography Obsession Pays Off

If you're keeping track, yes, it's the 9th of July and my 9th post in July. I've resolved to update daily this month, and by golly, I'm going to do it!

You may recall a recent feature with Hilary Hitchcock wherein I confessed that I'd make a couple of (ahem) purchases in her shop. As actual purchases (as opposed to trades or SNS secrets) are a bit of a rare occurrence for me, it was a pretty big deal. Well, I'm thrilled to announce that I finally managed to acquire some frames and have prominently placed my fabulous Etsy finds on the poor lonely white wall in my dining room. Pretty much the first things you see when you walk in the door. Take a look.


At the far right of this arrangement is one of my all-time faves from LJ Design & Photo, "Which Way Today" from her Route 66 series. Across the room, I'm proud to show off another LJ original, "Ladybug and Bee," which my daughter is positively obsessed with.


My apologies to Hilary and Lorissa for not doing their work justice with my horrible lighting and atrocious fake tree (please don't judge me too harshly - absolutely NOTHING will grow in that corner). I suggest you check out their work for yourself! The Hilary Hitchcock prints can be found here, here, here, and here.

5 comments:

Carry Grace said...

I love the way you have displayed these. They look Fabulous!

You are doing a great job posting everyday!

Unknown said...

I love that picture from Lorissa's shop!! I have two of her Route 66 pictures for our bedroom, and two of her flower pictures are on my wishlist for our living room. Excellent photography from both artists!!

ppdesigns said...

they look fantastic!! great works and framing!!

Lorissa J. Longfellow said...

The look great all together. Thank you so much. Great framing.

Hilary said...

Aw, they look great.

I love Lorissa's Route 66 photos too.

And your post inspired me -- I matted and framed a boatload of stuff this weekend that I've been piling up (some of it for years, I'm ashamed to say). Next to get it on the walls....