Thursday, July 3, 2008

Identity Crisis

Procrastination? Maybe. Completely necessary image makeover? Probably not. But fun, anyway!

I spent last night avoiding some "administrative" Mac & Glue stuff by playing around with my avatars and ads. After a great conversation recently with my PR/marketing guru friend (a great friend to have, by the way), I determined that I needed to work on my branding a bit. The goal is to use those little square images to a) compel someone to click, and b) offer a glimpse of what can be found behind the click. I determined that the vintage-y writing hand (see image top right) may not be doing the job. Plus, I've been feeling like I'm simply taking myself too seriously. My friend (let's call her "Linda"... you know, 'cause her name's Linda) suggested I choose one of the graphics from my boxed sets and work on connecting the vintage concept with the idea of a paper product. The result?



What do you think? I love it, actually. I updated my Project Wonderful ad with the new look and saw an immediate increase in clicks, so apparently it's more appealing than my same old, same old. Stay tuned to see if the banner gets a makeover too. Like the next time I'm supposed to be doing the books...

5 comments:

Carry Grace said...

I love it! Very clickable!

Leah said...

cute!

Orgo Cosmetics said...

Yeah, it looks great! :)

Unknown said...

I think you made a very smart choice, Kelly! Already, I think of your shop more by the vintage yet youthful look, and I don't think the writing hand was doing your shop justice as a logo. Don't get me wrong, it was a lovely logo, but this little gal with the googly eyes, adorable bows and cheeky smile are so appealing!

Mom O Matic said...

Love it! It's funny because I stopped reading one of your posts to click on it.