Sunday, July 6, 2008

Pretty Little Paper Things

A custom order this week allowed me to briefly return to my cardmaking roots (no cracks about those other roots please) - pretty papers, glue, ribbon, brads... Although I adore digital design, it's soooooooo much fun now and then to break out all the old scrapbooking stuff and start punching holes in things, pounding on eyelets, stacking papers, rounding corners, and generally being crafty. Although the mess I made to create just one 5 x 7 card was truly astounding, I love the way these congrats cards turned out.


I liked them so much, I've added them to my Etsy shop.

In other news, you'll notice the updated banner and page layout to go along with the updated avatars and ads. Blame it on insomnia and OCD, but I just couldn't walk away from the computer til I'd pulled off a complete and total image makeover. Now I can move on and get to work on the new invitation line...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those eyelets, too - they make everything look spectacular and sturdy. This card is GORGEOUS!

Sew Bettie said...

The cards are great. I have had to keep myself away from getting into paper crafts - I'm afraid I'd get too addicted. I just bought a gocco and can feel myself falling for paper fast.