Monday, April 20, 2009

Featured Artisan -- Nicole’s Homemade Treats


Yum! This delicious-looking homemade granola is brought to you by this week's featured artisan, Nicole of Nicole's Homemade Treats. A fellow Fabulous Artistic Mom, Nicole offers delicious all natural treats to satisfy any craving.

Tell me a little bit about you and what you do.
My name is Nicole and I am a stay at home mom of two young boys< Zachary (6) and Gabriel (2). They bring the most joy and most irritation into my life, and I love them dearly!

I love to make candy, bake and cook in general, but candy making is my outlet. It gives me time to relax and be creative. I can use materials that I love to eat and mix them to make great tasting products.


What 3 words best describe your work?
Decadent/Enjoyable/Tasty

What drives you to create what you do?
The thing that inspires me to make great tasting candy/granola is my love of sharing my products with others who will enjoy eating them as much as I enjoy making them!

What inspires you?

Good food!

What makes your work unique?
My candies/granola are handmade using as many organic products as I can. The do not contain any preservatives and are all natural.


What role does your work play in your life? What role would you like it to play?

My work gives me a creative outlet: one where I can relax and reduce my stress. It also gives me a sense of accomplishment when I make a sale and see how much somebody enjoys my product. I would like to eventually own a small shop where I can sell my products and earn a small income off of them.

Where can we find you on the web?
Shop: http://nikid.etsy.com


Are you an artist or craftsperson? Would you like to be featured here? I would love to hear from you. Leave a comment here with a link to your shop, and I'll be in touch about future opportunities.

3 comments:

H20works said...

what a great blog post. I'm one of Niki's very satisfied customers. I absolutely LOVE her granola, I've never had any better!!!

She runs a great shop, her product images are stunning, and she is one of the sweetest Etsians out there!

~Kat~
H20works.Etsy.com

MySerenityWay said...

Mouth-watering pictures. Love chocolate. Good job Nikid.

Nicole's Homemade Treats...The Blog said...

Thank you so much for doing this! I appreciate the feature! It looks great.